Friday 3 February 2017

Find Your Hidden Poet!



Finding your hidden poet

Does anyone remember reading the wonderfully inspiring 'What Katy Did' by Susan M Coolidge (Liz betrays her years!)? There's an enchanting chapter where Katy writes a St Valentine poem for each of the children enclosing a tiny token or symbol. What a great idea!

Below is one I wrote earlier... Now it's your turn. Go on! I dare you to have a go.

Why? Well, apart from touching the beloveds in your life, I've persuaded Beatons to stamp half of your loyalty card. Just show your attempt when you pay at the counter. We'd love to add a little encouragement to any poetry or ditty-writing!

Don’t forget to Check out our special
Valentine's book selection for a
gift that lasts all year.



Poem of the Month

The Teapot Valentine

You are a constant flavour in my pot...
It's my job to see my water's fresh and hot
And taste your juice as long as this wee vessel
holds its tea
so when you are no longer here the smell of you
still draws out what's best in me.

© Liz Darcy Jones

Feb 2014